Monday, July 31, 2017

Trump doing a favor for Trans folks

Whoda thunk it was possible? Our orange haired commander in chief has somehow served to galvanize support IN FAVOR of trans people!!!

What this author finds particularly wonderful is that, of course, that was not his intention.  I had a suspicion that his antics would serve to boomerang, but truthfully, I never saw this coming.

This from the guardian.com:

There was also rare defiance from Republicans in Congress. Senator Orrin Hatch, up for re-election soon in Utah, hardly a liberal bastion, said: “I don’t think we should be discriminating against anyone. Transgender people are people, and deserve the best we can do for them.”

Orrin Hatch speaking in favor of transgender people?  Is it July? Is it snowing where you are 'cause it's a freaking blizzard outside my window in otherwise balmy Virginia.

Trump is being laughed at the world over (again, I know, it just keeps happening) for his wanting to ban trans folks from the US military. 

Canada's military mocks him:  http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/07/26/canadian-armed-forces-takes-dig-at-trump-over-transgender-milita_a_23049738/

Bad asses from the Navy are speaking out:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/opinions/kristin-beck-on-trump-transgender-tweet-opinion/index.html


And other parts of the world show how, once again, America is far less progressive:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/27/us/world-transgender-ban-facts/index.html


This is all great news for trans folks and for those of us who include trans folks among our loved ones.  DJ is only a few years short of a decade since her official transition and I'm ecstatic about how the world is changing.  We ain't where we should be yet, but Trump is helping to pave the way!!

Thanks President Oompa Loompa  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja8V8Mf4xLs

5 comments:

  1. I served over 12 years active duty Army and I was far from alone. Whether they like it or not, the Transgender ALREADY serve our country and we take/took a great deal of pride in it.
    I just hate that we seem to be going backwards. For so many years, I felt like things were getting slowly better, and hoped that eventually the TG would be just as accepted as the LBG are today. And then, all of the sudden, things are plummeting backwards, with people openly expressing little but derision and intolerance. Your daughter is very fortunate to have started her "transition" so early in life. Maybe she will be able to slide under the radar and it will never be an issue for her. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kim-it's great to hear from you. I didn't know you were in the Army! Thank you for your service. I hope that we're not going backwards. I hope this finds you well.

      Delete
  2. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    swiss taxi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll try to post more often. It's been awhile!

      Delete
  3. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete