Monday, May 21, 2012

Transgender child makes the front page of a major newspaper

Dear Readers,

Because I am technologically challenged, I am having difficulty embedding a video recapping a story that the Washington Post, THE major newspaper in the Washington D.C. area, ran on the FRONT page on Sunday with the title below:


Transgender at Five

Click on the link and you will be directed to the narrative from an interview between the author of the article, Petula Dvorak,  and the mother of the young boy about whom the article was written.  Maybe this is the beginning of the turning of the tide.  Let's hope so....

2 comments:

  1. Interesting article.

    On the one hand, I am extremely happy that Tyler was blessed with such enlightened and accepting parents. On the other I worry that being so public about his...'condition'(?) could have some negative pushback.

    In balance however, I think this is a good faith effort to bring to light something which does occur and CAN be effectively treated.

    I appreciate the Post's efforts to protect the privacy of this young child and I am heartened that the community in which he lives is seemingly able to accept this for what it is...a private, and overwhelmingly successful treatment protocol for a poorly understood congenital abberation.

    As I am sure you are aware, it is not as simple as xx vs. xy chromosomes. There are a huge number of genetic permutations that complicate and can impact ones sexual identity vs. morphology.

    As parents you are doing the right thing by seeking out the best possible medical treatment for your child. My hope is that this treatment can be seen for what it is, a relatively straight forward and highly successful treatment that will allow children to grow up to be happy, productive members of society.

    Like all medical issues it should not be stimatized nor exploited and in truth is nobody's business but your own.

    Another Friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete