Wednesday, January 4, 2012

DJ's outfits

I am not mocking DJ, ok, yes I am, but in fun.  NOT because she's transgender, but because girls can be so much fun when they are choosing their outfits.  Except for metrosexual guys, and (I'm going to traffic in stereotypes for a moment) most gay men, all the other men who don't fit in either category don't really care about what they wear too much as long as its: relatively clean, chicks think they look good in it, and it's comfortable.

Girls, and women, we're a bit different.  We are so incredibly in touch with our feelings, that we often want to dress in a way that reflects how we feel.  Hmmmm, I'm feeling a little bad ass today, so I think I'll wear my motorcycle boots, skinny jeans and dark black eyeliner;  I woke up feeling like everything in the world was beautiful, so I simply must wear a pink sundress with cute little strappy sandals;  my husband is not paying any attention to me and my wardrobe path may "Y" into either wearing a housecoat all day to piss him off, or wearing something that creates fabulous cleavage and then ignoring his attentions.  Am I feeling chic today?  Hair up.  Kind of down home and down to earth? A flannel shirt and jeans.  Ladies, most of you can relate....I think.  We are multi-faceted, and fascinating people and often, we like our clothing to reflect that, particularly the teen and twenty something set.

DJ is so much fun with her combinations that I must chronicle what she is wearing.  So perhaps I will add  a regular blurb to the blog just for fun.

Today's attire:  Black lace mini-skirt, polka dot stockings, purple converse sneakers with fuschia lipstick print on them, pink and black bustier with a black zip up hoodie over it, to meet school dress code.  No sparkles in the make-up today.  She looks freaking adorable.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Too cute for words. And…well…I’d love to see a pic...but I unquestionably respect yours and DJ’s privacy. Anywhere else you could post them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. Mobile DJ

    ReplyDelete